If you’ve suffered a sports injury, here is why you should consult the doctors at the Maloney Elkassem Chiropractic clinic…
World Class Experience
Our amazing staff has extensive experience with athletes from every sport and all levels of competition from young athletes all the way up to the highest levels of sport. We have had the privilege to care for Olympic gold and silver medalists and professional, college and national team athletes from hockey, football, baseball, soccer, rugby, lacrosse, MMA, track and field, swimming, triathlon, and professional rodeo.
Our focus is always to use our expertise to get you out of pain and back to activity as quickly as possible.
The list of sports injuries that we often have good success with includes:
- Neck strain and post-whiplash
- Post-concussion symptoms
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff injuries, bursitis and impingement syndrome
- Elbow pain from tendonitis including golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow
- Wrist sprains and strains
- Back injuries from lifting, contact sports or falls
- Hip pain from bursitis, IT Band tendonitis or hip flexor strain
- Knee pain from sprains, strains, bursitis and tendonitis
- Shin splints
- Heel pain, bunions and planar fasciitis
Whether an injury is the result of overuse, poor biomechanics or trauma – a thorough assessment and customized treatment plan is essential to a quick recovery.
Our approach to relieving your pain and getting you back to activity as soon as possible starts with a thorough assessment to determine which structures have been injured and what the most appropriate methods of treatment might be. We have several types of treatment that we can provide including:
- Targeted Stretching and Strengthening Exercises to address muscle tension, weakness or muscle imbalances
- Kinesiotaping (Spidertech)
- Custom Foot Orthotics
- Joint Supports and Bracing
- Spinal Manipulation
- Active Release Techniques (ART) soft tissue therapy
- Graston Technique (instrument-assisted soft-tissue mobilization)
- Therapeutic Massage
When necessary, we will make a referral for diagnostic imaging such as X-rays, MRI or Diagnostic Ultrasound. We also may refer our patients to other health care professionals for other types of care when appropriate.
Our approach to treating sports injuries is always customized to match the circumstances of each individual patient. There are a variety of aspects that may need to be addressed including pain and stiffness, inflammation, muscle weakness, muscle spasm or muscle imbalances. Postural corrections including strength training, movement retraining or foot orthotics are necessary to effectively address the root cause of your symptoms.
Whether it’s a sprain, a strain or an overuse injury, our amazing staff of chiropractors, acupuncturists and massage therapists are focused on getting you the proper treatment so that you can get back to your activity without pain as soon as possible.